1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well......hell on earth has arrived......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 25, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Alright: Just got home from the track meet:

A brief synopsis;

Day 1; Morning; Felt like Ireland.......temps in the 50's, drizzle/fog/rain/ in the morning, decent afternoon.......Elevator got stuck during the end of the day.....2 people were stuck in the elevator for somewhere around 3 hours.

Day 2; Morning; Started out nice......around noon, it started raining, then one clap of thunder, and ka-fucking-boom.....I swear, I saw Noah coming towards me in an arc.......delayed for 2 1/2 hours.......like they say, "It's not the state track meet with out bad weather"

Attendance was somewhere around 12,000 yesterday (Friday) and somewhere around 15,000 today (Saturday) (not including 3,500 + athletes.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Does Kansas have preliminaries? Otherwise, I don't understand why you have 3,500 athletes. Also, the Texas state track meet routinely draws 20-25k.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Kentucky's is this weekend.

And I love covering track. Always have. Plus, I usually get to shoot it, so that breaks up some of the monotony (sp?).

It goes fast until the 3200. Then, you just grab kids for interviews then and it makes time go b y quicker.

BTW, had a kids triple jump 50-3, then 50-9 yesterday. He scratched at 51-9. Incredible.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yeah....Kansas has preliminaries.

Had a kid throw the discus 205-5 (Set the Kansas all-time state record)

Had a kid throw the javelin (can't remember the exact number) around 227........(Set the National record)

Draft saved Draft deleted