1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well......hell on earth has arrived......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 25, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Interesting people, individual stories... yea, track is great...
    As something to cover? It blows

2. OK, leo.
    Rule on perpetuities.
    Discuss.

3. Thank heavens they tabled the decision to expand track to three classes. Friday would have been an absolute disaster, and that's with perfect weather.

You would have thought the IHSA knew how it was going to run a three-class meet when they made the expansion announcement, what, two years ago? Apparently, they didn't.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Here, the factor is weather.

And our is next week. Yippee.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

We have three classes, prelims on Friday (with some field finals) and finals on Saturday.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I was a little surprised to hear that the Kansas state meet is that big. Another thing that surprised me about the state was that, according to a soccer coach I know, it's also a hotbed for girls high school soccer.
    Is that true?

7. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

La Crosse hosts the Wisconsin track meet next weekend. Field is also winnowed by regionals and sectionals. Even that doesn't limit the organized chaos. Too much fun.

8. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That's not the only thing the IHSA doesn't know how to do. Don't even get me started ... I have written far too many notebook leads regarding this damn ill-informed class expansion.

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

No. More. State. Track. Yet I thoroughly enjoy covering cross country. Though I suppose two races are better than 36 or 72 events with four fucking prelims across two classes of both boys and girls in the 1600 relay.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I'd rather watch 10 days of field than spend 15 minutes around Beano Cook. And I hate field.

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

I would rather watch 12 hours of middle school racewalking than any baseball or softball at any level. Nothing is more boring to me than baseball and softball, whatever the level. OK, maybe hockey and football. And golf.

12. WScribblySh

WScribblySh Member

Yes, Johnson County and Topeka have top-flight girls soccer programs. Rest of the state, not so much.

The Kansas track meet is indeed something to behold. And somehow, every year, it finishes ahead of schedule.

Draft saved Draft deleted