1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well......hell on earth has arrived......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 25, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

in the form of the Kansas State High School State Track and Field Championships in Wichita, Ks.

As some may remember, this is the largest high school outdoor track meet in the country....Over 3500 Athletes and somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12,000 fans.......Saturday's normally get closer to 15,000 fans.

We started our broadcast at 6:30 this morning, and not signing off until the last event tonight, somewhere in the neighborhood of 7:30-8:00.

It is just an excruciating 2 days........Thank God it's not 2000 degrees like it was here last year.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

At least you don't have the MVC baseball tournament down the street this year.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You trying to say something about Springfield? Well, besides its godawful traffic.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Why is it so late in the school year? Georgia and Alabama had their meets about a month ago.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

No, but up here in the pressbox, I can see the outfield wall, part of the parking lot.

Great view from here........I would much MUCH rather be at Eck covering 4 or 5 baseball games right now.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Tradition......have always had it Memorial Day Weekend.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Might have something to do with the slight weather difference in Missouri, Kansas, Indiana, Iowa and Illinois vs. SEC schools.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Missouri's is this weekend, too. The worst part is that Jefferson City High School has it's graduation on the Friday of the meet right across the street from the stadium where the meet is held. Traffic and parking becomes ridiculous and JCHS graduates have to come in sweaty from the meet if they want to walk.

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i thought maybe this thread was about my life. i'm studying for the bar exam. it's fucking awful and i have another two months to go. i'd give anything to be stuck in a press box for four days writing about a bunch of kids running around in circles and jumping and throwing shit.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Why is Kansas' the largest meet? Is it an all-class meet? Becuase I can think of a few states larger than Kansas!

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yeah......all-class meet.....all 6 classes.......one time.....two days of chaos.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

BROADCAST??

Draft saved Draft deleted