1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well Done Elliotte

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JC, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Like you, Elliotte, I know what it's like to lose a mother to cancer -- times two. And I don't know what else to say that hasn't been said already, but that's one of the classiest gestures I've seen in quite some time.

Well done (hoisting Labatt's).

Also glad to see your bosses had your back on this, Elliotte.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Here's wishing I could hoist an Alexander Keith's in your hono(u)r.

Awesome move, Elliotte.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Elliotte is one of the best. Not one of the best on TV or best in our business or whatever.
    One of the best. Period.
    He sets an example everyone should follow.
    I'm proud to be associated with him.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Ditto.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Props Elliotte.

Even though I'm a chick, lord knows I could never do it.

6. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

What a classy move ... Here, here

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to see if I can get a link to some of the video. It was pretty funny; the guy who cuts my hair shaved it into a mohawk at first for the cameras (CBC News asked to film it when they got wind of what I was doing).

Honestly, this was the most nervous I've been in quite some time, because you really have no idea what you're going to look like bald. Then, you remember why you're doing this and your nerves just settle.

I don't know if Brian saw it. But I assume someone in his position did. And that's enough for me.

EF

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Very cool move. Well done.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

If that photo gets out, the mohawk one, I might just have a new avatar. ;)

Way to take a stand. Very cool, EF.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Elliotte, I'm really proud to be associated with you, too, even if it's in a little way. My mom died of cancer too, and my guess is that it was around the same time as your mom. I also had someone very close to me go through a breast cancer ordeal within the last seven years, which threw me for a loop and had me going to chemo treatments once a week, sitting in one of those god awful chemo chairs (without the drugs being shot through me), and playing chemo clown to amuse the women having to deal with that horrible interlude in their lives. You did a wonderful thing. Oh, and for what it's worth, you may be the only white man not named Yule Brenner I have ever known who can pull off that look. I'm giddy like a school girl thinking about rubbing up against your bald noggin.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Nice to see really good people like you in the biz, Elliotte!

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You rock, Elliotte.

Draft saved Draft deleted