1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well, damn. How did we miss this holiday?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 21, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thursday was National Daiquiri Day, according to Slashfood.

In June, the New York Times noted that this week started with National Tapioca Day, moved into Fresh Spinach Day, National Caviar Day (allegedly, also Thursday) and ends today with National Junk Food Day. :-\

None of that's important. What I really want to know is this: How did this bunch of louches miss out on National Daiquiri Day? I'm shocked ... shocked and, yes, appalled. What's wrong with you people? ???

:eek: Are you growing up? :'(

:D

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There's a bunch of obscure holidays on this site (one for every day of the year), in case you ever need one to wish stoob well.

Obscure Holidays

It does have the Tapioca and Junk Food Day on there.

But how did we miss National Nude Day (July 14), and National Cow Appreciation Day (July 15).

Upcoming holidays: Hammock Day (July 22), Take Your Pants For A Walk Day (July 27),

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

How did I with my love of pink frou-frou drinks miss National Daiquiri Day? I suck!

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

National junk food day? Kick-ass. I'm going to a hippy concert in an hour. Lots of good junk food there.

(insert your own brownie joke here)

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I celebrated it last night and got wasted on strawberry ones. Today, I have the side effects of it, a hangover and trying to get a story finished before the deadline.

Long live National Daiquiri Day!!!

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dammit, I wish I was still sitting on the beach sipping away at a daiquiri...

7. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Daiquiris and football -- that's what Maryland does!

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Just looking at past stuff. June is National Adopt a Cat Month ... and to make matters worse my birthday is "Hug Your Cat Day."

Since I can't go near the damn things, I find this quite ironic (I'm sure I'll be corrected on the correct/incorrect use of this word soon).

9. 2muchcoffeeman

From Wikipedia: "Irony may also arise from a discordance between acts and results, especially if it is striking, ..."

You were born on the day that eventually became "Hug Your Cat Day," yet you're allergic to cats and dare not hug one. I think this one passes muster as the irony of fate (AKA cosmic irony).

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That didn't take long...

11. 2muchcoffeeman

IJAG may show up with a different opinion. That would not be irony.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'm sure Stan_Solo has his sights set on me right now.

Draft saved Draft deleted