1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to Trouble Finds Jamaal Tinsley! Here's your host...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Tinsley has been in the middle of trouble, but in this case I think he's getting a bad rap. Why?

1. Others were hassling him. He shouldn't "flaunt" his wealth? Flaunting what you have may be a bit gauche, but it doesn't mean someone gets to follow you and shoot at you. Also, Tinsley was at a club that is the sort place, say, Jamie Foxx goes to chill out after a show in town, so it's not like he took his Rolls to the Bud's strip club on Lafayette Road. (Is that place still around? I'm no strip-bar devotee, but the dancers were so nasty, most of the guys were paying attention to the BYU-San Diego State game on TV.)

2. The he-shouldn't-have-been-out-so-late argument. Did every finger-wagging sportswriter get tucked into bed by 10 p.m. as a young single? I spent many a night in my single days in Indy out til extremely wee hours, in places a lot worse than where Tinsley went, like the aforementioned Bud's. I saw a fight spill out of the bar at McShane's on the east side (up for sale, if anybody wants it!), but that's about as bad as it got. Then again, I did leave my Rolls home most nights.

3. Why didn't Tinsley call the cops? What are you going to tell them -- I think some guy is following me? The cops aren't coming until something happens. Indianapolis isn't the biggest city, but it's not Hooterville when it comes to police response for the sake of having something to do.

4. I want to see how many Pacers fans calling out the team as "thugs" are also the sort who are jacked up about the right to defend yourself with a firearm. If Tinsley's brother doesn't return fire, do the guys shooting at the Tinsley posse stick around to finish the job? (Only Joey Qatato knows for sure.) Heck, if Stephen Jackson doesn't fire a few shots in the air at Club Rio, do Quentin "Fingers" Willford (one of my favorite criminals, with his arms too short to box with God and his crazy hands) and his crew finish their job? Not saying the players were right to shoot like, as Reggie Miller put it, "the wild, wild West," but I think some gun-lovin' Pacers fans are being mighty duplicitous.

Maybe Tinsley should just stay away from the west side in general -- Club Rio and Cloud 9 are a block apart, and the other incident was at a club not far from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Maybe Jermaine O'Neal can give Tinsley a special room at his club in Broad Ripple. Also, when in Indianapolis don't stay at a swank hotel such as the Conrad or the Canterbury. Less is going to happen at a Motel 6.

2. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

dear jamaal:

stay in tonight. stay in...every night. look at game tape. lift weights. jack off. i don't care.

stop going out.

love,
    logic

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Tinsley never met trouble in Ames when he was playing for Floyd and Eustachy. The only ISU player ever to be in trouble and made the headlines was Sam Mack robbing a Burger King on Welsh Ave. The irony was that a poster of him was on display in the BK when he robbed it.

I can see the logic in what you hammered out, Bob. With that said, Jamaal needs to do one simple thing...

stay the fuck at home, hire some strippers, order some pizza and have your own night out on your patio.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

With the money pro athletes make and the hassle of going out, why, oh why, don't they just drink at home?

Hire a DJ, hire a bartender, hire strippers, fuck, man, do it up right.

Buy your own club and put in a VIP upstairs with a separate entrance.

Something has to be smarter than this shit.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Tinsley also wasn't making millions per year in Ames. That we know of.

But, yeah, Mel Mel the Abused (formerly Mel Mel the Abuser) ought to consider the joys of Comcast On Demand or whatever service he gets. On the other hand, he's doing more than 25 years of concentrated civic PR has done in beating down the image that nothing exciting happens after 10 p.m. in Indianapolis.

6. i agree with most of the "it wasn't reallllllly tinsley's fault" stuff. but...the brother chasing the guys down and returning fire wasn't the most intelligent of moves.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter as much if he wasn't making millions in Ames, you can still get into trouble in the Campustown area, or head to Des Moines and hangout discreetly at the suburban bars.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

your stupidity shows no bounds.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Well I hope the same can be said for Grand Wizard poin over here.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is the third time Tinsley's been shot at in a year and a half?

I would get him into your 2008 death pools, pronto.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

dude, stop with the grand wizard shit, now, and think about how you reply to me before you hit the post button. because if you reply with what i think you will, i'm not going to sugarcoat my response.

Draft saved Draft deleted