1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to Trouble Finds Jamaal Tinsley! Here's your host...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Dec 10, 2007.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Good Lord, this guy can't buy a break. Third time in 14 months he's gotten his butt in trouble. Downtown Indianapolis is a pretty safe area and the Conrad's an upscale hotel, so I would love to know what happened.

I'm sure Indy Star will have more details, but Tinsley was involved in an altercation where gunfire was involved. He didn't pull a trigger or anything, but AOL said a meeting is coming with Jim O'Brien and Larry Bird.

UPDATE: Here's the link. http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071209/LOCAL/71209001
  2. Boy, that story's ironclad innuendo.
    Don't be out in front of a luxury hotel later at night lest some lunatic open fire?
    And I feel sorry for the guy who got shot in BOTH elbows.
  3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This is insane, but also becoming a common occurance with certain athletes.

Returned fire?

Grand Theft Auto
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
    Grand Theft Auto IV: Jamal Tinsley
  4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If he was afraid something was going to happen, why not call the cops or drive to a police station?
  5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

This guy can't buy a break? Are you kidding? The guy's a moron, plain and simple.

Any pro athlete who puts himself in these positions repeatedly -- especially after the Pacman Jones stuff -- deserves anything and everything he gets.

Hire a driver. Bring the party to your place. Keep a low profile. It's not that hard to do. It's also a small sacrifice to make to insure you remain alive so you can keep cashing your $2 million paychecks.
  6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Norman, I'm not defending the guy. I shoulda said the Pacers can't buy a break. Larry Bird's probably tearing out his hair left and right.

The unbelievable thing is this shooting went to Monument Circle after the Conrad?? Downtown Indy isn't the safest city in the nation, but it's pretty doggone close.
  7. Norman Stansfield

The Pacers got rid of Stephen Jackson; why can't they get rid of Tinsley? The guy's a way bigger loser than Jackson, although he didn't beat up fans.

And Marquis Daniels should follow him.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The NBA D League is doing what it can to help future NBA prospects.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Norman Stansfield

Too funny.
  10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Uhhh, correct me of I'm wrong, BUT THE GUY WAS MINDING HIS OWN DAMN BUSINESS and bunch of idiots started giving him a hard time.

white power brotha poin, white power
  11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dear Pacers,

You have lost fandom for your continued employment of nefarious characters.

That is all.

12. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

and the Darrent Williams incident
Draft saved Draft deleted