1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to the SEC, Lane Kiffin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Dec 1, 2008.

1. ?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you are such a damned SUC fanboi in deep denial.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Lane Kiffin is in so far over his head he might as well be wearing cement shoes at the bottom of the Tennessee River.

What on earth were those people thinking?

4. djcarpen

djcarpen New Member

I agree. He is far to young to be coaching at that school. Not to mention the fact that he has no recruiting ties east of the Mississippi. He was a great recruiter at USC, no argument there, but to go from that to taking the reigns at a SEC school with that much tradition is too much to handle.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

How many times has a Spurrier coached team been found guilty of a substantial rules violation?

If I'm not mistaken, the answer is zero.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Reins, REINS, R-E-I-N-S.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

You go out of your way to correct him on reins but you completely overlooked the sixth word in the post.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Didn't Tank Black pay half his National Championship team?

9. Mizzougrad96

I'd forgotten about Tank. But if the question is did Spurrier ever cheat? I don't think it's ever been established that he did.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

They all cheat. I am sure Spurrier didn't get his hands dirty but never objected when a Bull Gator was handing out cash.

11. Mizzougrad96

Didn't he turn DuBose in, creating the whole shitstorm at Bama in the early parts of this decade? I seem to remember a lineman from Memphis being involved.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Fulmer was involved in the Bama scandal somehow. I think it was Albert Means and his coach was paid $300k.

Draft saved Draft deleted