1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to the Pope.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Apr 14, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Jesus was Jewish. And Kris Kristofferson claims He was a Capricorn as well, though I think theologians have pretty much agreed that the Dec. 25 date isn't the real deal.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well. Okay then. We're good to go.

No one answered my earlier question about the Wash Post/Hitchens calling the Pope by his real name...maybe I never noticed, but I don't recall ever seeing that before with previous Popes.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The pope gets about as much respect as he deserves for the way he handled priest pedophile crisis.

As far as the stupidity the proof is in every thread that you post on. No original thought just a comment and insult directed towards the poster if post does not strike your fancy.

BTW you spelled USUAL wrong.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This is exactly why I feel the pope has zero moral authority and why I could care less about his arrival here.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

I agree headbutt but is there anything more journalistically shameful than the way the White House press corps swallowed all of the Idiot's lies leading up to the Iraq invasion without ever questioning anything?

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Journalistically? No. But I'm a practicing catholic who goes to mass every weekend. I'm far from a saint, but I figure I need all the help I can get. And even though the pope is saying mass 15 miles down the road from me I couldn't be less excited about it.

8. Birddog

Birddog Guest

This thread has convinced me that the term "sports journalist" is an oxymoron. Sports writers you may be, objective journalists you ain't.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

As a "lapsed" Catholic, I couldn't be more disappointed in the Pope. Granted, perhaps my chagrin has more to do with the beliefs of the Church (i.e. abortion, contraception, gay marriatge) than the Pope himself, but Ratzinger hardly matches up to Pope JPII.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The problem with the catholic church today is not their beliefs. ( i.e. abortion, contraception, gay marriage) The church is not some marketing company that is suppose to adjust to the wants of the membership.

The problem is the hypocrisy of the leadership in how they handled the pedophile priests. It's cost them the moral authority to lead - hence the indifference by many for the Popes visit.

11. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Insiders say he's pretty progressive about transitioning women into the priesthood, though. At first it would happen on a "don't ask, don't tell" basis.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted