1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to the Pac-10, Lane Kiffin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 12, 2010.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kiffin did a pretty good job at UT with an awful QB. He just about punked Fla. after trash-talking them and with no kids he recruited.

He actually brought some respect to the Raiders after the debacle of Shell/Walsh.

He appears a bit too put together but from a (far) outsider, he's far from a failure if you ask me. (Oh yeah, and what a better half, sadly in the NFL they do not tout that as much as in college.)

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kiffin is going to be at SC for the next 10 years and hardly need to come back to Knoxville, ever.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As if tonight wasn't wild enough in Tennessee, the Memphis Grizzlies game against the Clippers is suspended as a fire alarm is going off in the FedEx Forum.

4. I hope Phil Fulmer is laughing his ass off and enjoying an extra appetizer at Chile's.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Mind if we call you Troy?

I'm about 100 percent sure that Carroll, who was the defacto defensive coordinator, did the same thing.

6. John

John Well-Known Member

Tweet from Chattanooga's UT beat writer Wes Rucker: "We got a one minute statement and nothing else because local TV news director wouldn't agree to terms."

From what I can gather, WBIR news director Bill Shorey wouldn't agree to not go live with the presser.

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

UT moved quickly on its Web site. There is no reference to anyone named Kiffin or Oregeron. Sadly, that includes Layla.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wes also tweeted there are now "a few hundred" students chanting "Fuck you Kiffin" outside the athletics offices.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

How long does it take to evacuate 212 people?

10. John

John Well-Known Member

If I'm Mike Hamilton, I going to Austin tonight and not leaving until Will Muschamp agrees to take the job.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

His father . Monte Kiffin is the guy who really pioneered the 4-3 under D that Carrol used with great success.

12. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Good for him.

What the fuck is Kiffin gonna do? Leave town.

Draft saved Draft deleted