1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to the Dallas Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 4, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Can't get too much of a good thing.

DALLAS (AP) — The replacement for the Cotton Bowl game has been lined up.
    Dallas city leaders say the Dallas Football Classic is planned for New Year's Day 2011. The plan calls for using teams from the Big 12, Big Ten and perhaps Conference USA.
    The first game will likely pit the seventh-ranked team from the Big 12 against the sixth-ranked team from the Big Ten, should those teams be excluded from Bowl Championship Season consideration.
    The plan needs NCAA approval. It would run through the 2013 season.
    The Cotton Bowl game is moving to the new Cowboys Stadium in Arlington this season. That prompted officials to come up with a replacement game for the 77-year-old Fair Park venue.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I am very curious to see how many bowls represents the ceiling, where there can't possibly be any more.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What am I missing here?

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We all know that only the sixth-place SEC team is still eligible for a BCS bowl. ;D

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

We just don't have enough bowl games, I guess.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

We can't be that far from the Toilet Bowl, where the last place team in the Big East plays the last place team from the Mountain West. Or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Will this give the Big Ten 9 bowl games if two teams make the BCS?

Why play conference schedule? Just tell Indiana they aren't eligible and have Minnesota/MSU/Purdue and Illinois rotate to sit out each year.

8. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

I know that the Big XII and SEC recently dropped their affiliation with the Independence Bowl. SEC replaced it with a spot in the Gator Bowl. I know that the Big XII just recently signed on with the "Yankee Bowl," but I don't know if that was as a replacement for the Independence Bowl, or they plan on dropping another.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

EVERYBODY GETS ICE CREAM!!!

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

if they ever get a playoff the winner of the Dallas Bowl can face Katy or the 5A champs.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm surprised they haven't made the Cotton Bowl part of the BCS and put it into the rotation. I don't like the two games at one site thing. Make it the home for the non-BCS qualifier.
    But yeah two bowl games playing at the same time in the Dallas Metroplex. Great idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted