1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to the Cape Verde portion of the Atlantic hurricane season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Re: Welcome to the Cape Verde portion of the Atlantic hurricane season (A, B, — C?!)

If nothing else, the late-season episodes of "Swords" on the Discovery Channel could be interesting.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Re: Welcome to the Cape Verde portion of the Atlantic hurricane season (A, B, — C?!)

So Ana is now projected to follow Claudette into Apalachicola Bay and Bill is taking the same angle of curve toward Bermuda and points north.

StormSurge, what happened to that map you posted on your Facebook the other day? Where the hell did you get that, anyway?

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Is it gone? I'll send you a link in a bit.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's probably 2 miles deep on my wall right now ... which, now that I've switched my FB language from "English (US)" to "English (Pirate)," is actually a plank. Arrr! ;D

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Or if it straightens out a bit south of New England, can we expect Jim Cantore to be reporting from Manhattan or eastern Long Island?

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I used to understand that feeling, but I've been beat up by hurricanes enough that you can have all you want.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I hear ya finish & I definitely don't wish anyone harm to themselves or their property. I just enjoy severe weather of any kind (well, maybe not the 3 H's) & my two experiences with hurricanes have been pretty cool.

Hopefully no one is offended that I want a storm IMBY.

BTW, the latest models bring Bill a little further west than previously thought.

8. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Just to be clear, no offense taken at all.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I didn't think so, but I can see how someone would be. I'm rooting for cool weather, not death. (I'd be very happy with a Category 2 storm, just enough to cause chaos in the grocery store aisles.)

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Re: Welcome to the Cape Verde portion of the Atlantic hurricane season (A, B, —

A Cat 3 hitting NYC has long been high on the list of doomsday events. Anything bigger and Todt Hill might be the only thing not under water in the city.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

One of the model runs has Bill hitting Cat 5 status.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My old roommate was fascinated with tsunamis growing up and said his first thought after the Christmas 2004 one was how cool it was that one had actually happened. He felt really bad after he actually read about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted