1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to Scarbrough Country ... Joe slaps Bush around

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Aug 18, 2006.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-scarborough/is-bush-an-idiot_b_27408.html

If this is a D_B, I offer my most humble apologies.
    But Joe cut loose on El Presidente, wow. And considering the source, a former GOP congressman, it seems a little more legit than your average, old NYTimes editorial.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I think Scarborough is the only one on MSNBC worth watching.

Olbermann is so fucking full of himself.... I almost want to watch O'Reilly instead and Matthews is just as condescending as KO, just not as snarky.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Most of the GOP types are scrambling to get off the ship before it sinks.

Prediction: Bush won't be called upon to make many campaign pitches outside of the safe red areas, if that.

Time to bring the Swift Boat out of dry dock. ::)

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Yep, that short and sweet piece pretty much sums it up. We have the country we voted for. Woe is us.

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Scarborough is a conservative I've always respected.

But everything he wrote there was being said in 2004, and yet for some reason a lot of people ignored it.

6. So the only conservatives you respect are the ones who ream Bush a new one?

I don't agree with Lieberman on 90 percent of what he believes, but I respect him. Ditto the late Paul Wellstone.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Once again Lyman creates his own definition of what people say, then holds people to that definition.

Uh, douchebag, he said he's always respected Scarbrough, but he never said it was because he reamed Bush.

8. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Lyman, they respect anyone who attacks Bush. They know of no one who has structured alternatives.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

When conservatives like Scarborough and George Will are bitch-slapping Fredo, you know the only ones left on the rapidly sinking Republican ship are the loony right like Dammit, Lyman and Trounced.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It would be hard to respect a conservative who thinks this president is doing a great job, yes.

11. As it is hard to respect a knee-jerk liberal who thinks Bush is responsible for belly-button lint, yes.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sure, he may be responsible for his own lint. But I will claim mine.

I do blame him for lying us into a war, treating the Constitution like a Kleenex, plunging the country into massive debt, having so little respect for diplomacy that most of the world hates us now, and looking like a bumpkin whenever he opens his mouth.

Otherwise, he's great.

Draft saved Draft deleted