1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome To Extortion, Texas.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Seminole is a very special place. To be honest, I didn't know Seminole had hotels.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My bad. Here it is. What do you know?

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Shit, this here Caucasian penal code says I'll have to rake the grounds at the country club for a month if I get caught using the wrong fork. Well sonuvabitch.

4. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Boys, I ain't saying it's right by any stretch, but driving through a small town with an out-of-state plate is going to get the cops' attention. Having six grand on you when he pulls you over for "reasonable suspicion," might just end badly.
    It sucks, and it's racially biased and its probably going on all over Tejas and the rest of the drug superhighway.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

It's nice, but the Piney Woods can sometimes give off a creepy vibe, as in you're really, really hoping your car doesn't break down.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

false. you cannot pull a car over for suspicion. you actually have to break a law.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Hell, I drove all over my Texas town with out-of-state plates, but that's because I'm too lazy to get them changed.

I still want to know what reason the cops came up with to search the people, or were drivers just blurting out to the cops that they had $6,000 in their possession?

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

a cop can ask any person for the right to search them. hell, a cop can even suggest he has the right to search you and your shit. but if the cop doesn't have probable cause, no means no.

9. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Should be tossed in jail.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So this peckerwood has been mayor of this shitburg since he was 26?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They have elections every twenty five years.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

There was an Onion article (or at least a headline) a few years back about a new law that made the Led Zeppelin "ZOSO" sticker probable cause to search a car for drugs.

Draft saved Draft deleted