1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome to business school...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I don't see the big flap over dress code.

I fully understand that some people feel that dressing down is disrespectful. Exceptions aside - funerals, weddings, other major occasions - let them wear what they wish. Dressing up for class is no indicator of success.

Flame away ...

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Don't really have anything against the policy, but don't see the need for it. Sure, one or two clueless clods might show up for interviews with ripped jeans, but there were 1 or 2 clueless clods in your generation, and the generation before that, etc.
    As a recently out of college guy, I can tell you 99% of the collegiate population doesn't need to be told how to dress appropriately for a business environment. You don't do it in college because hell, it's college, you don't have to. (Or, if you were me, because you worked in a Chinese restaurant every day before class and would invariably end up getting General Tso's on whatever you wore).
    Anyway, main point is -- there's nothing wrong with "kids these day" we know how to dress up. No go back to protecting your lawns :)

Draft saved Draft deleted