1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Welcome Back to Society Plax

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. Tough fucking shit.

2. The problem is not that Burress's sentence was too harsh, but that Vick, Little, etc etc are all wayyy too soft.

3. Matt Millen isn't running an NFL team any more so I somehow doubt a 34-year-old WR who hasn't set foot on a field in two years and whose career was already in steep decline (YPR declining for five straight seasons) will command big money offers.

Plus, he'll probably get to sit out another whole season with the lockout.

If he's smart (but of course he's not) he'll go to Canada.

It's all irrelevant because he's going to end up face down in a crack house in a half dozen or so years anyway.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you're happy and you know it clap your hands... :D

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I just love how Drew Rosenhaus was the first guy there to meet him. That guy always makes me smile.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Reporter speaking to Plax as he leaves correctional facility: "Hey Plax ... are you packin'?"
    Rosenhaus: "Next question."

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Boy, that question says something about the state of journalism I don't want to ponder

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

He's still on parole for two years, so not going to Canada (or anywhere without permission).

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

'plax, tough question, gotta ask it...'

that didn't really happen, by the way. just a spoof on drew going 'next question' when being grilled during a t.o. incident... gotta hand it to the sleaze-bucket -- he's always in the thick of it. can't believe so many players fall for his b.s. and need to direct the cameras and mikes his way....

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

if they were Pats fans, he would have got probation...

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Can't stop laughing at the video of Rosenhaus running to Plax and leaping into his arms as he exits prison...like a little kid whose daddy just came home from war. What a putz.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dignity and integrity - or lack thereof in Rosenhaus' case - have never stopped the man from being a media whore.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Funny, but he nailed it on his second point. Maybe the punishment for Burress was too harsh, but no question it wasn't harsh enough for Little or Vick.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Exactly my feelings ever since he was locked up. Guy got a bum rap, even though he did need some behavior modification. Glad he's back out.

Draft saved Draft deleted