1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weis: Pete Carroll's dumped his wife, living w/ grad student in Malibu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 6, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The fist part of what you say is true.

The second part shouldn't have any bearing. Are your ethics determined by who you owe favors or who you need to maintain a relationship with?

Statements like that are why people are so leery of dealing with reporters.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Any of the mommies who think ANY college football coach is some paragon of saintly personal virtues has to be so dumb she shouldn't be allowed to walk around in public without a keeper.

And if I were a parent of a hotshot recruit, I would never allow my kid to play for a guy who a) can't quit shoving enough triple taco supremes down his gullet to get himself under four bills, and b) was never taught enough about personal hygiene to carry a handkerchief in his pocket so when snot starts pouring down his chin, he can dab it off once in a while rather than nauseating the entire viewing nation.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

When did Tim Prister become a damn, damn fine writer and reporter? He's been a fanboi hack for years.

4. Eh. Whatever. Agree to disagree. I think he does a good job.

But, beyond that ... my favorite part of all this. Weis has been taking shots left and right at people who "attack me personally," hurt his family, etc., etc., etc., etc.

And then he does this. Perfect.

5. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Weis is a major hypocrite that's for sure.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Weis isn't a media virgin, he knows if you say it, it's said.

The man needs a long vacation.

Altho I'm curious to know the basis for the Carroll story.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I think the most ridiculous line of BS is the whole "a football coach's character" means a hill of beans to recruits and their mommies and daddies....

I think it is pretty well known that Nick Saban is a prick and a bad person - does he have a problem recruiting?

Urban Meyer isn't the nicest guy on the planet - does he have a problem recruiting?

Bobby Petrino is a bad guy and dickhead - does he have a problem recruiting?

Lane Kiffin is a guy who was called out by Al Davis for being a liar and his actions since have only solidified that point - does he have a problem recruiting?

Greg Schiano is known as a real self-serving prick - does he have a problem recruiting?

This idea that anything other than winning and getting a kid exposure and to the NFL is what weighs on these decisions is ridiculous - it is nice pie in the sky stuff but it is mostly fictional.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Is it conceivable that this could spawn a second lawsuit Weis could lose?

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If Carroll can prove by evidence that it isn't true, sure, why not?

He could be taking Song Girls to the L.A. Sheraton every night of the week and for lunchtime too, but as long as he isn't living in Malibu with a grad student, he probably has a case for slander.

It would be fun to see Carroll get his hands on some of that ND payoff money. :D :D :D

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Prick, sure.

Bad person? Hmmm.

I would love to know what makes Saban such a great recruiter.... I mean, goddamn, you can SEE why Bobby Bowden was so incredible in the room.

But Saban? The fucker cannot speak to people.... Stammers, eyes avert direct contact.

The living room for Saban... it must be like the stage for Albert Finney in The Dresser... he must come out of a shell that I can't begin to picture

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The truth, probably

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, there's that, yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted