1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weis: Pete Carroll's dumped his wife, living w/ grad student in Malibu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 6, 2009.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This post brightens my day. Well put, sir.

Didn't only one person use the quote in question? To me, the only possible justification to run with this would be that somehow the urgency of the statement's news value to the public somehow outweighed taking the additional time to verify the statement and getting at some semblance of truth and balance.

Really, this was only about trying to be the first out with a salacious remark. Hey! I'm breaking news!

Tebow wept.

2. Crash

Crash Active Member

This to infinity. It is the worst in politics, where everything becomes an opinion and thus balanced reporting is printing everyone's opinion, regardless of whether it has any basis in truth.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

It wasn't said during a presser, was it? My understanding (I haven't paid that much attention) is that Weis said it in a one-on-one, part of a series of one-on-one's he did with a few selected reporters.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It was a five-on-one, not a news, conference, but also not a series of one-on-ones. All five -- hand picked by Weis -- were in the room at the same time.

Draft saved Draft deleted