1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weis' comments on Dana Jacobson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Feb 8, 2008.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

For what it's worth. [I know the other thread was locked; if that applies to all threads on the subject, feel free to lock this.]

From a press conference today:

Q. And lastly, I believe you were a participant in the roast for Mike & Mike, and there was a situation involving one of the ESPN employees. If you could offer your take on that situation, what transpired that night.
    COACH WEIS: Are you referring to Dana?

Q. Dana Jacobson, yes.
    COACH WEIS: Well, I'll just say three things, okay. I was both personally and professionally offended by her comments. And if the situation were reversed, and that were me saying them, two things would have happened. I would have been the lead story on SportsCenter, and I would have been fired. But other than that, the University has issued an official response, and I think it's best to leave it at that.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I hate that fat buzzcut, but I can't say that I disagree here

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Agreed. Nothing said there that's incorrect.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Uh, what was the university's response?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I hate the fat bastard, but he was right on.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Was that the University's ressponse? Wow!

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Well, Chuckles the Clown works for a Catholic university, so I am thinking "fuck Jesus" might bring a harsher penalty at ND than in Bristol. And simple news values states that anything the head football coach at Notre Dame says is more newsworthy than anything said by the host of Cold Pizza. So yeah, Charlie's right ... and he is still an idiot.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Like him or not, he 100 percent answered that the correct way.

9. How does anyone get offended at a fucking roast? If you're going to be Mr. Sensitive, then don't go.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Being that Jacobson didn't just say "fuck Jesus" but also "fuck Notre Dame," I am going to guess that if Weis had said that he would be fired. I'm sure that if I went up on a stage and said "Fuck my own company" I would be fired as well.

Then again, my company didn't lock me into a multi-zillion dollar contract after performing well for 6-months only for me to completely shit the bed later on. So, maybe ND would have given him a raise.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The first question asked on this topic should have been wtf were you thinking going to a Mike and Mike roast in the first place?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Jacobson had said "Fuck ESPN" she would have been canned...

They only let Kornheiser do that...

Draft saved Draft deleted