1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weirdest, strangest, scariest thing you've ever seen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My best friend from high school came from a broken home. His dad was a real piece of shit, so he was mostly raised by his uncle. His uncle was a good guy, but a serious drinker and pill-popper.

One weekend when I was in from college, I went by to pick up my buddy to go grab dinner or whatever. When I knocked and they opened the door, his uncle's live-in girlfriend was lying in the middle of the floor covered in a sheet up to her neck, obviously unconscious.

Turns out, she'd OD'd on pills and the paramedics were on the way. She ended up dying.

2. With Steak's post, I think we have a winner. ....

3. Hunting in high school with a several guys .. prolly about six of us, squirrel hunting.
    We spot a squirrel and one kid starts blasting with his 12 ga. shotgun. The squirrel is running across a branch, while the kid behind him keeps slinging lead, moving left to right. His last shot goes over his cousin's head, blew his hat off.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I thought Inky had been bitten by a shark?

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Funny this thread pops up now. I had a gun brandished at me today. Thats up there on my list of scary moments.

I was just leaving work, in the downtown of one of our nation's most homicidal cities. I'm in the left lane, waiting at a light. Just as it turns green, this very nice, brand new-looking Lincoln cuts in front of me from the left, having just missed oncoming traffic and nearly clipping the front of my car.

I hit the horn and flip the guy off. He stops, leans about halfway out the window yelling something back at me that i can't hear over the radio. As he's yelling, he's waving a handgun in the air. After a few seconds, he gets back in the car but it doesn't move. I turn left and head down a side street, and thankfully he doesn't follow me.

I've never been a gun owner, but living anywhere but the farthest away suburbs of this city, you almost have to it seems.

Draft saved Draft deleted