1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weirdest, strangest, scariest thing you've ever seen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

T_b_f,

Do you know where that was filmed? It looks a little like Fort Bliss to me, but maybe it was in theater.

Regards,
    VB

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

The ladder I was on coming off the I-Beam 18 feet above the concrete floor running new Cat6 lines at my old job back in 2003.

Did get a swell drive across the best parts of Cleveland to get to the Level 1 Trauma Center. Too bad the med students, who swarmed around me saying "Is this the guy who fell off the ladder", ended up being bummed out I didn't suffer any severe life threatening injuries. Hell, only broken bone was a small crack in my clavicle (and I found that out via SNAIL mail the following week - not an email or phone call, just a letter in the mail saying "Oh, you have a slight fracture in your collar bone - go see your family doctor"). It was November, and cold, and they cut my clothes off me. But they couldn't find me any scrubs to put on so I had to leave in a hospital gown. At least I still had my shoes and socks...

What a great place to be!

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That was probably filmed in theater somewhere. That's a very fine "moon dust."

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I was almost was killed by a runaway moose.
    Back in the 80s they repopulated the Upper Peninsula with moose and did releases into the woods. The Department of Natural Resources ran it, my uncle of a big shot, so I got to be inside the main fence, even though I was maybe 10.
    Most of the mooses ran off into the woods. This one did not, he turned around and headed toward us.
    Then-Michigan Gov. Jim Blanchard pushed me out of the way. Pretty sure my parents voted for him after that.

5. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Yeah, after mentioning "runaway moose" I don't think you need to specify that it was in the UP, I think that part is taken as read.

spikechiquet likes this.
  6. Vombatus

And crap, a UH-60 went down last night off the FLA panhandle. 11 aboard. Ugh.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fuckin' Bullwinkle ...

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well, it could have been Canada, eh?

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yeah. I knew one of the pilots. We went to flight school together. And, I was down there today and saw some of the recovery effort. Been a bad day.

10. Vombatus

Condolences, tbf. Shit.

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I was driving eastbound on I-10 just west of Lafayette, when I looked up in my rearview mirror in time to see a SUV in the westbound lane do about four 360s off the highway. To this day I have no idea how that wreck came out, but it couldn't have been good. Seeing my mother-in-law's body still lying in her bed at the nursing home an hour or so after she died was painfully weird.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I've told this story on here before, but I was at the Texas Rangers game in 2012 when the fan fell out of the stands and died when Josh Hamilton threw him a ball.

We (Blitz and I, actually) were seated behind third base, and the guy was in the left field stands, so we were maybe 250 feet away. We saw him fall behind the outfield wall, and then the paramedics run back there to get him.

An usher would come down the aisle to monitor the crowd between innings and we eventually asked if he'd heard anything about the guy. He said they had been told he was going to be OK.

But he had a heart attack and died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. It was only when we got back to our hotel that we found out he'd died.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted