1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weirdest movie ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Eraserhead and Inland Empire top my list.

I appreciate both. But I haven't the slightest clue what they're actually about.

And then there is "Death Bed: The Bed That Eats People"

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You know that if this were done 30 years ago, Michael Caine would be in it. He never turned down a role back in the day.

3. joe

joe Active Member

"Naked Lunch."

From imdb: "After developing an addiction to the substance he uses to kill bugs, an exterminator accidentally murders his wife and becomes involved in a secret government plot being orchestrated by giant bugs in an Islamic port town in Africa."

Cronenberg directs, Peter Weller stars.

4. I loved it in Dr. Strangelove when a young James Earl Jones points out, "The self-destruct mechanism just blew itself up."

For weird plot turns, the classic is The Big Sleep, with Bogart and Bacall. One murder is never accounted for, after so many rewrites of the script. And there's a huge plot hole because a gay relationship is largely deleted.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

"Eyes Wide Shut"

I spent that whole movie doing the David Letterman "Oooh-kaay."

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

"Repo Man"

Not sure if the distribution qualifies it as mainstream enough, but it obviously had two big names in it, Harry Dean Stanton and Emilio Estevez.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought of that one too. I think Kubrick just went ahead and died because he couldn't figure out what to do with it.

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Pulp Fiction and Ed Wood are two of the stranger bits of cinema I've seen.

9. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Worked with a guy who wore the creepiest mask ever to the office one Halloween. And he was sort of a creepy guy. From that day forward, the mask, the man and the day became known as Fidelio.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Weird and awful.

I know everyone thinks it is the greatest film ever, but Fight Club was really fucking weird.

11. Neither of these movies would be championship level weird but they are worthy of honorable mention:

My Dinner with Andre
    Woody Allen's Interiors

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Pootie Tang

Draft saved Draft deleted