1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird Question for the Board

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Jun 27, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Easily the best, funniest, most thoughtful (strangest?) post in direct response to anything I've ever asked on this board.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Depends. Did you get them 2-for-1 at the Dollar Store?

(Just kidding. Congrats!)

3. I preferred the smiling turkey line, myself.

Never fail to amuse, Jones.

4. Sue,

Your wife is pregnant. You can have false negatives but there are no such things as false positives.

Congratulations.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

ha! Excellent.
    ---
    Congrats SSM!!!!

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Thanks everyone. Here's hoping both were right. Now we have to find a doctor in this third world country.

7. EE94

EE94 Guest

Seriously, check out midwives, if your wife's health history is good.
    Better attention than you'll get from a doctor, and you can have the baby at a hospital, at least in Ontario, if that makes you more comfortable.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

Make sure you have insurance. Then go to the doctor. They usually won't make a declaration until the second month. Which was good for us with our first because we had no maternity insurance (on a private policy) for two years. Just like that, her company got insurance. Saved our ass.

9. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Yep.

10. When I knocked up a preacher's daughter ten years ago she bought a home pregnancy test. It came back positive. I'm not sure which particular test she purchased...but it came with two tests. She took the other one a couple of weeks later and it came back negative. So my experience is that they're 50% accurate. Just ask my little bastard!

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. You're preggers. I didn't put much stock in what I described as a 15-cent piece of cardboard made by the lowest bidder in Bangladesh, either. Until those lines were as dark as they could be.

I've also read independent literature that says they're 99 percent correct.

Congratulations, man. Hop on in the boat. We're 10 weeks in and lookin' good.

The part that sucks is, in four days, I'll leave her at the airport and won't see her again for five months. I hope you get to enjoy more of it than I will.

12. Classic movie scene involving a pregnancy test is in Singles.

Draft saved Draft deleted