1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird football plays

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Thought I'd seen just about everything in football. Last night I saw a punt that went for negative yardage on natural grass. Just wondering if any others can recall weird plays that they won't soon forget.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All you had to do was run out the clock, Joe ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

There's a youtube video out there somewhere of a field goal that bounced a couple times on a crossbar and actually game to rest before trickling through.

4. azom

azom Member

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I do recall a prep playoff game that went into overtime and was decided on a field goal that hit the corner crossbar, sat there for at least three seconds before falling over.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

This isn't really a weird play, just really bad tackling by a team we cover.

Team A's running back receives handoff in the backfield and is met by a Team B defender about five yards behind the line of scrimmage. RB makes first guy miss, then beats two more guys to the corner where he proceeds to break seven tackles on his way to the end zone.

Team B is coming off a 10-4 season after making it to the state semifinals against Louisville St. Xavier last year, but this year doesn't look like it will be as successful.

Draft saved Draft deleted