1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird eating habits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 17, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're all evil.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I won't eat catsup. But that's mostly because it doesn't exist.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love evil!
    I dunk it in vinegar and sprinkle it with thumb tacks!

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Skewered beef heart is a traditional Peruvian dish, so I have had it plenty at family functions and restaurants.

5. longgone

longgone Member

Yo buckweaver and ijag....that segment thing is more widespread than most think. i have a 35-year-old friend who wouldn't think of eating his meals any other way--first one item, then the other.
    and, i must admit, i still don't like it when my corn juice leaks over into the beans and so forth. just yucky.
    speaking of strange ones, has anybody tried putting salted peanuts in a bottle of coke? delicious.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I hate too many things. Wish I knew if it was physical or mental. Worth a trip to a hypnotist if he could fix it.

I read that there is such a thing as "too many taste buds" which make a person hypersensitive to taste.

Not a subject I can find much about.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My dad does that. Gross.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Octupus is a sacred entity, not designed to be eaten, but instead worshipped, due to it's relevance in the hockey world. [/RedWingsfan]

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Damn, I wish Minnesota were back in what used to be the Norris Division.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Octopus is delicious, but I've never had it out of a can.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My parents do that. I think it's weird, but whatever.

And my mom used to make this for me all the time (and no one, when I got to college, had even heard of it): make up some mac and cheese, put in a can of tuna, crunch some plain potato chips over it and bake it in the oven.

One of the most delicious foods I've ever had they make at the restaurant where I used to work: they'd take a hamburger steak, cook it, put some peppers, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms and cheese on top and melt it all together. Called it a chop 'n top. AMAZING.

As for mixing things together....I mix together mashed potatoes and gravy (white gravy, anyway. I really dislike brown gravy) and green beans. And they have to be the cut green beans. I absolutely HATE French-cut green beans. My parents insist there's no difference in taste between the green beans with the ends and the cut ones...but I think they're lying.

And...even though I don't personally eat them, a delicacy in Kansas is Rocky Mountain oysters. Once, during a Spanish class in college, we were supposed to pick out weird foods for an assignment and I had to ask how to explain it in Spanish. My professor was from France and refused to believe me and the girl behind me when we told her what they were.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Your a moran.

Draft saved Draft deleted