1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weird eating habits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Jul 17, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Oh, you don't need that.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Enjoying right now a big plate of mashed potatoes covered with cottage cheese, then a layer of peas on top of that.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I ate that for lunch.

5. Previous generations of my family have enjoyed eating cooked beef heart, in a sour gravy.

After sampling this delicacy, I can safely say this tradition will not continue with the Little Omars.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Friend of Ms. Slappy still, at age 40, flips out when various parts of her meal touch the other -- like corn in the potatoes...

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Being normal doesn't have an age limit, slapster.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

My older sister is the same. Her Thanksgiving meal has been ruined because of this numerous times.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Don't knock it till you try it. ;)

My mom talked me into trying it 30 years ago. Then, when I was away at college, I'd always get some cottage cheese from the salad bar in the dining hall and put it on my potatos. Eventually got a bunch of friends to try it, and they admitted it was better than they would have guessed.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I used to be a lot worse about this than I am now; I'd take great pains to keep different foods from touching. (Most of that stemmed from my mom making some vegetables that I detested, so I'd eat those last and gulp down a glass of milk with almost every bite.) Now that I'm out of the house, everything I make is something I like. :D

And I still go through spurts where I eat everything in segments, like I used to do as a kid.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Hamburger & corn was favorite meal as a kid. Cook a pound of ground beef, add creamed corn, pour over mashed potatoes. Mmmmmmmmmm!

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love that, too!
    Except I mix in some cottage cheese and serve it over ketchup.

Draft saved Draft deleted