1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

weird day ahead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Dec 12, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Clinton climate initiative. Yawn.
    One on ones appear to have been canceled.
    The handlers are anniying.

2. JayFarrar

After all my freaking out, the one-on-ones got cancelled.
    The original schedule was solos start at 10 a.m., with the presser at 10:30.
    Clinton was his usual late self and didn't make his way down until 10:43, so the presser started at 10:45.
    The guy from the NY Times was not the least bit surprised. I think I heard him mutter something extremely profane.
    Anyway, other than Clinton is one of the most brilliant public speakers alive, it was pretty boring.
    He gave a 20 minute, off-the-cuff speech on climate change was that was extremely impressive, if I knew what the fuck he was talking about.
    Something about retrofitting public schools in New York City to make the roofs on them landscaped yards.
    Sounded cool, but I have nary a clue.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Everyone seems to have skipped right over an important question regarding the original post: what is the mayor doing in a lake?

4. KG

KG Active Member

I've seen several shows about doing that on the Planet Green channel. The idea is that basically, the more city buildings you can turn the roof into a fully landscaped pad, the more "green" you are adding back to a stripped area. Imagine how much oxygen could be put back into the air if every city building with a flat roof could do this. That would be significantly more green.

There are a couple of buildings in Atlanta with some landscaping on top, but it was originally designed to be a relaxing place to get away from the stress of work (I guess on a lunch break).

5. JayFarrar

KG, that sounds very cool.
    Well, Clinton wants to turn every flat roofed public school in NYC into those green zone spots.
    It doesn't cost that much, oddly enough. I was surprised how cheaply it could be done.

Oh, and the mayor took a running jump into a lake for a charity fundraiser. Cops, firemen, TV reporters and other local c-list celebrities.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Jay Farrar: "Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you to stop what you're doing and listen ... Cannonball!

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

I know you don't think you're good enough for me, but believe me, you are. Hell, I done it with pigs. Real, no-foolin' pigs.

Draft saved Draft deleted