1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

weight loss and pants size

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by danhawks, Mar 13, 2007.

1. danhawks

danhawks Member

I'm trying to figure out whether I should buy a pair of pants that are two sizes smaller than I wear right now, because they're good, and they're cheap. It's worth the risk of buying them, even if I never wear them, because they're so cheap. However, I'm trying to figure out how many pounds I'll need to lose to fit into them. So, how many pounds does four inches and two pants sizes work out to? Any idea?
    Thanks.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A friend of mine told me it's about 7 pounds per size. But that depends on where you lose weight, as well. If you lose it around your thighs instead of your waist first, it will obviously be more.

4. danhawks

danhawks Member

Maybe I can cross-reference the one for clothing size with the one for weight/mass ;-)

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

dan,

Buy the pants and wear them now. Nothing will help kickstart that diet program better than pants that crush your testicles.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It will also motivate those who see you in said pants to help you stick to the diet.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Is it not easier to just lose the weight and inches, and one glorious day find out the pants fit?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yes.

I wore a jacket from a skirt suit in late November, and it was snug to my body. I put it on again last month, and I could grab a handful of it around my waist, where I will need to get it tailored before I wear it again.

I've bought one set of new jeans, one size smaller, and am about to have to do it again. I've (cheaply) cut a new hole in the belts I wear because I just haven't bought new ones.

It's the best feeling ever.

9. danhawks

danhawks Member

Definitely...the weight will be coming off, as it has for the last few weeks, and those jeans will be some motivation...I guess I'm just trying to figure out whether I can wear them in a month or six months, you know? I'll probably have to buy some 'tweeners' to get me there.

Thanks

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Two sizes, assuming you're losing the average of 1-2 pounds a week, I'd say should take you six weeks about to get there. Maybe two months. Depends on how badly you want it.

But once you get there, it will be a huge boost.

Draft saved Draft deleted