1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weezer: So uncool, they are cool?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Saw Weezer a few months back. Ben Folds opened up. Awesome show. Weezer even did a Lady Gaga song, which even when Cuomo donned a blonde wig and got silly, I didn't recognize. Luckily my girlfriend at the time knew what was up.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

By the way Cuomo is all over the airwaves with "Magic In Me" or whatever the hell it's called. Sorta poppy even for them. And the Blue Album was the best.

Surf Wax America, Say it Aint So, My Name Is Jonas, The Sweater Song, all so good.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's actually a song by B.o.B. featuring Cuomo. And Finish Line is using it in shoe commercials all over ESPN and other sports programming.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'The Sweater Song' is one of the best five songs of the 1990s.

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I read somewhere this week that they want to do a tour where they play two shows in every city -- the first show they play the entire Blue Album and the second they play all of Pinkerton.

6. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

That would be pretty awesome. I'd go to both for sure. I love both records to death. It's almost impossible to pick between the two. I'd probably go with the blue album, if I absolutely had to choose in a life or death situation or something. "Only In Dreams" probably puts it over the edge.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Still love "Buddy Holly", greatest music video ever.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My Name is Jonas is a great way to start an album as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted