1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weezer: So uncool, they are cool?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Nov 3, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe you could get your marketing department to slap a Troops logo on them and sell them at the games. :)

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

This is pretty funny.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I love Weezer. I'm anti Snuggie.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Closing in on 15 years...

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Weezer collaborated with Kenny G on their most recent AOL Sessions project last month. Although Kenny has enchanting curls, I would rather spend an evening learning taxidermy than listen to his shit. Frankly, he sucks. Weezer's cool.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/11/03/weezer-fulfill-snuggie-promise-rock-out-with-kenny-g/

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

There are a few great Weezer songs, Hash Pipe, Pork and Beans come to mind, plus a couple from the earlier days whose names I can't remember off the top of my head. But they're the kind of band for which I'll cherry-pick songs on YouTube if I'm in the mood, but I can't listen to more than a few songs without getting bored. Listened to the first single off the new album after reading the RS article on Rivers, and it, well, bored me. I clicked off after about 45 seconds.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

They were on Letterman the other night, and the whole band was wearing Weezer-brand Snuggies. Even Paul and the LN band were wearing them.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I enjoy the (obviously superimposed) Weezer logos on the previous commercial footage.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

[​IMG]

10. DCaraviello

DCaraviello Member

Go find "Pinkerton" and "Maladroit," which are very good rock-and-roll albums, and nothing like the pop music this band has put out recently.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Still the best video I've ever seen. Never get tired of watching it.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

What's with these homeboys dissing my girl...
    Why do they gotta front?

Draft saved Draft deleted