1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weekend in Oxford for Ole Miss-Alabama: suggestions?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Two Memphis buddies told me over the weekend this is the best BBQ in Memphis, better than the touristy Rendezvous or Corky's: http://www.cbqmemphis.com/

I'd second Jesus' recommendation on Ajax; I recommend the tamale pie.

Also, budget a good chunk of time for Square Books.

2. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I concur with Murff's as a fun place to hang and get some cheap eats. When I was there, they had some great fried mushrooms. Also, for good food in the Square, can't beat the City Grocery, but it is a little pricey and less laid-back.

It's been years since I was there, but a popular spot then was the Billiard Club. It's not real close to the campus, but it had cheap drinks and plenty of partying. Also had some big TVs. But I'm not sure if it's still open.

3. Nola4520

Nola4520 Member

Was there about a month ago for a game. Went to The Rib Cage of Oxford (just off the Square) for late barbeque eats after the game (11 pm). Check out Rooster's Blues Bar (upstairs) at the Square for a nice vibe as well. Seconded on the "scenery" - both college and cougar divisions.

Draft saved Draft deleted