1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weekend for spnited

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Jul 21, 2011.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Like JJ, I wish I could be there. I feel so fortunate I got to meet Ron, a good guy and a damn good journalist.
    I still can't believe he's gone.
    Give him a great toast folks.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We had a late lunch at the Pearl Street Grill and I couldn't decide which of their microbrews to try. So I ordered a beer smorgasbord of 2oz shots of 10 different beers. I like to think Ron would have approved.

There was no Lobster Bisque to be had, unfortunately.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

His mug pops up on the left-hand side of my Facebook profile page every now and then, which can be a little jarring. At first I wasn't sure what proper etiquette might be, whether to unfriend as a way of saying goodbye or to just leave him there. Seems like no one else has unfriended him, either, as he holds steady at 63 FB friends. I think he would have found this strange new world order slightly amusing and would have said something like, "Hey, I'm dead, you moron!" I just can't push the button, though. I imagine as time goes on, he won't be my only FB friend who is dead.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Would love to hear what Ron would have had to say about the douche that broke into our car today and stole our camera, binoculars and GPS. :mad:

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, that SUCKS. I'm sorry, HC and JR.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We're okay ... had a great time talking to the bartender here at the Adam's Mark and drinking a couple of Sam Adams. Pissed about the theft but not gonna let it ruin this weekend!

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's the spnit!! ;D

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

HC, I'm sorry that you and JR were victimized by some moron who had nothing better to do.

Toast more than one for Ron for all of us. I'd love to be there, but given the circumstances, I'm awfully grateful for why I am missing the gathering. To echo the others, still cannot believe he is gone.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Be sure to talk about your fantasy teams... he'd like that

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I am out of my "homebuying class" tomorrow at 5 p.m. No plans (because I have no life). So if anyone there were to have my number, drunk texts/calls would not be unwelcome.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

What's the number? :)

Draft saved Draft deleted