1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Weekend for spnited

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Jul 21, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

This was the weekend that JR and I were supposed to hook up with Ron (spnited) for a belated joint 60th birthday celebration. Ron can't be with us in body but he'll be with us in spirit (or spnite) as some of us gather in Buffalo to watch baseball, drink beer and tell stories.

I know a lot of you would be with us if you could and I thought this thread might be a way for us all to participate. JR and I are bringing a laptop and I'm sure others are. We'll try to post when we can but this is a place for you all to send the toasts you want us to offer over our pints.

Miss you Ron.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

RIP to one of the few posters whose respect and opinions always meant something.

The loss of spnited diminished this community greatly.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

HC, one round is on me. pseudo has the money (or will have it to reimburse herself).

Toast it however you guys seem fit.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Am so looking forward to it.

Besides Spinited the one person I'll miss not being there is IJAG. Seriously.

DECALS!! :)

5. imjustagirl

Decals to you too, sir. ;)

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

We'll lift one on the Left Coast in honor (crossthread) of the gentleman.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I dug up a photo of him from the Toronto outing the other day. I miss the old fart. :'(

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I really hate not being able to attend, despite being only four hours away, give or take an overzealous border guard. Wishing all of you a safe and happy weekend. Cheers to Ron, and I hope you'll think of me once or twice this weekend while you're tipping them back. :)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

At somepoint in the conversation, he'd lament the self-importance of some of the kids on the sire... but only if asked.

why the hell are you holding out? Post your Drogo!

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I would love to, but I haven't the foggiest idea how to post someting from my personal stash on the intrawebs.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hope y'all have a good time. I'm sure spnited would be delighted ... even if he'd tell you kids to stay off his lawn. ;)

12. imjustagirl

Start a Photobucket account, upload it, get the link, post it here.

Draft saved Draft deleted