1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week Favre NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 28, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I heard Henne was making some strides and he would beat out Pennington.

Then again, last year, I heard he sucked. He does have a cannon though.

2. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

Posnanski calls Mangini the worst hire in 25 years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/joe_posnanski/09/29/mangini/index.html?bcnn=yes

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Songbird, please for the love of God, don't waste your money betting on the Browns to win this weekend ... or any weekend for the remainder of the season.

I've been watching football for 20+ years, and NEVER have I seen a team quit so easily as this Browns team. They put up a fight for about a half against Minnesota before getting their doors blown off in the second half. Next week at Denver, they slogged through three quarters before finally giving up. But this past Sunday against Baltimore? As soon as Quinn threw the pick on their first possession of the game, they laid down and played dead for the next three hours. No effort. No heart. (Not to mention "no competence or discernible talent")

This team does not do one single thing well. Even things they used to do well under Crennel, like special teams, have become average at best.

And they hate their coach, so any hopes of Mangini firing up the troops to overachieve and steal a win they shouldn't be able to get are gone. The scariest part is that they haven't even been hit by injuries yet. At least when they were mailing it in down the stretch last year, they were doing it because the season was a lost cause and they were down to a fourth-string quarterback signed off the street in December. This year? These are the first-teamers. What the hell happens when guys start getting hurt?

You can't imagine how toxic the atmosphere is around this team. It's awful. Please, save your money.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I hate Brett Favre so much that I think I'm going to root for the Packers to beat the Vikings. I can't believe I want the Packers to win.

I hate you Brett Favre. I hate you so very, very much.

5. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

+1
    I hope Brett Favre loses so bad, he doesn't even have fun playing football this week.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The I hate Brett Favre bandwagon is filling up quickly.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's not a bandwagon ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

I want the Bears to get so far up in Favre's ass that it offends the moral sensibilities of Richard Gere's gerbil.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Everyone who quit SportsJournalists.com should come back in this thread, specifically during next Monday night's football game.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yeah... pretty much. NEVER bet on the Browns to win this year. They looked like the worst team to ever play football, last week. A busload of nuns would have put up more of a challenge to the Ravens. That said, I wouldn't put money on the Bengals, either. This feels like a ripe letdown game for them. In sum, be very afraid of any money on this game.

11. I think I love you.

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The Diva and his minions will lose to the Packers this week.

I also hope Josh Johnson leads the Bucs to a victory this week.

Draft saved Draft deleted