1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week Favre NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Browns are more rudderless than the Lions. Mangini has poisoned that team.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's what I heard, too, and I can't imagine Tomlin elaborating. I agree with you on Wallace. Logan has had two excellent returns, but he also has a fumble and he wasted a lot of time for no good reason on the final kickoff return Sunday. I'm not really sold at all on him just yet.

The Browns are a disaster. I am far from sold on the Bengals, but I don't see them losing to Cleveland.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The one thing I do see with the Bengals is them coming in sky-high after this win, after a crisp, swift week of practice and short jaunt 'cross state.

It'll either be 45-7 Bengals or Cleveland keeps it very close and maybe even wins in the final seconds.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The hell they do. That team is fucking awful. The coaching stinks. The players stink. Mangini is a complete and utter fucking disaster. Poisonous. He may not be able to get even a coordinator's job after this shit.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Funny avatar, Fly.

I'm not saying the Browns don't suck ass. They may as well go 0-16. But it's the NFL, and it's hard to not luck into a win at some point. How Detroit managed not to win last year is a great mystery because the Lions had more than a few chances.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/09/lawyer-randy-hanson-told-police-raiders-coach-tom-cable-broke-his-jaw/1

Felony assault charges for Cable?

This could get fun.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That's what people in Detroit were thinking all the way through last season.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Only in Cleveland can you come off the bench to throw THREE interceptions and suddenly be in the running to take over the starting job again. And when asked twice what the Browns do well offensively, Mangenius totally beat around the bush with a whole lot of unspecific bullshit that never came close to saying they did any one particularly thing well. What a piece of shit.

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Chiefs just traded Tyler Thigpen to the Dolphins for a draft pick.
    Given Pennington's injury and Henne's, well, suckitude, I think he'll be starting for the Fins by Week 7.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Just what South Florida needs---another dangling Chad.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't imagine it will take that long.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I think he probably gives the Fins a better chance to win right now, but I also know Parcells and Co. seem pretty committed to at least giving Henne a chance.

Draft saved Draft deleted