1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 9 NFL Running Thread: It was good while it lasted but the Steelers are back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

OOP, great work. No. 1 is No. 1 in my heart as far as the Steelers are concerned.

And I like the Bucs' orange unis. Bring them back.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Disagree. This is exactly the kind of game the Cowboys win, with Romo throwing for 350 yards and four TDs. Then they'll roar through Thanksgiving looking like world beaters only to crash and burn in December. You can set your watch by it.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not in Philly. The Cowboys may win and Romo may keep playing well, but I'm guessing it won't be a shootout. I think if they win, it'll be more like 20-16.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Philly 27-16

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That's about what I'm thinking. Of course, this is another chance for Romo to prove he can step up in a big game. I just think the Eagles will be able to slow Miles Austin, who's been great, but against the Chiefs, Falcons (secondary is their weakness) and Seahawks. I don't see Asante Samuel letting Austin keep up his recent pace.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not to mention the darling Brady Quinn . . .

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: Week 9 NFL Running Thread: It was good while it lasted but the Steelers are

I'm thinking the modern professional athlete would take the field festooned in "Hello Kitty!" gear if you're paying him enough money.

9. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Re: Week 9 NFL Running Thread: It was good while it lasted but the Steelers are

I was wondering what was up with the Mets newest pitching acquisition.

[​IMG]

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bubbler, I put that No. 1 for a reason. I didn't understand the people waiting outside the hospital after Roethlisberger's accident as it is. But to basically tailgate outside the hospital in those circumstances? That's just all kinds of messed up.

11. Romo will be fine. After all, we are still about a month away from December.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Raheem Morris should bring back some John McKayisms. "Coach Morris, what do you think of your team's execution?" "I'm all for it."

Draft saved Draft deleted