1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 9 NFL Running Thread: It was good while it lasted but the Steelers are back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 3, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

I hope she stomps on it when you're not looking!!!!

Oh wait she's not 15 yet. Oh well. Ten years then!!!

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

She actually cried when she couldn't find it tonight. Luckily, I found it and all was right with the world. :)

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hate to interrupt whatever the hell this is, but as for some of the actual games this week ...

Arizona at Chicago: The Cardinals can lose this game and still likely win the West, but I wouldn't count out the Niners yet, so it would behoove them not to take the Bears likely, even though the Bears suck. They are much better at home, though, so they can stay in the wild-card picture if they can pull out a win.
    Miami at New England: Let's see what the Fins are really made of. I can't see them winning this game.
    Houston at Indianapolis: The Texans have the firepower to outscore the Colts. If the defense plays its best game of the year, they win. Regardless, this game will be a fun one to watch.
    Baltimore at Cincinnati: I got the Ravens, building on the win over the Broncos.
    San Diego at N.Y. Giants: Interesting game. Likely no deadly battery snowballs will be thrown. Can the Chargers play well on the EC? Can Eli Manning not suck for a change?
    Dallas at Philadelphia: Tony Romo's due for a bad game, right?
    Pittsburgh at Denver: Steelers win easily.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree that San Diego at the Giants is interesting. Eli Manning vs. Rivers is a fun side story. The Chargers should be able to score. The Giants suddenly can't rush the passer, which could make things ugly for a weak secondary against Rivers. But the Chargers can't really stop anybody, either. Manning has to start making plays because right now opponents just aren't respecting the Giants' passing game.

I think we will find out a lot about the AFC North this weekend. Did the Ravens straighten themselves out or did they just expose a flawed Broncos team? The Bengals are far better suited to take advantage of the Ravens' secondary. I still think Baltimore wins, but I wouldn't be shocked if it went the other way.

I think the Broncos match up a little better with the Steelers than they do with the Ravens. Baltimore has been hurt on the deep ball, while Pittsburgh weakness defensively is the short passing game, something Orton might be able to take advantage of. Plus, the game is in Denver and if Ryan Clark has any sense at all, he will not be playing, which hurts the Pittsburgh secondary.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

We're forgetting the most important development of this weekend ... the return of these:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Those will be fitting because this year's team absolutely sucks. If the Packers' line can protect Rodgers (big if), he might throw for 500 yards. The Bucs' secondary is atrocious.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Lee Roy Selmon ain't walking through that door.

That uni is a 1000x better than the pewter crap they wear now.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Love those. Nice to see the Bucs anticipated this year's 0-16 season ahead of time!

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Those creamsicle uniforms are laughable, and always have been. Professional football players don't want to wear shit like that. Ask a former player like John Lynch how cool it was to wear those powder puff unis and the equally silly helmets.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah those Broncos unis he sported at the end of his career were hip and happening.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This is the NFL, not William McKinley High. Those Buccaneer Bruce abominations are about as intimidating as a team wearing matching snuggies.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: Week 9 NFL Running Thread: It was good while it lasted but the Steelers are

Hey, if it's good enough for watching a game, it's good enough for playing in it!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted