1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 9 NFL Running Thread: It was good while it lasted but the Steelers are back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Steelers are 5-2.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Hey, does anyone happen to know the Steelers' record? Also, have they ever won any Super Bowls? I was just wondering and thought maybe there would be people around here who would know.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

With any hope Mangini will be fired twice, inside the same calendar year, by two different owners, laughed out the door by two different locker rooms, and out of town by two different fan bases. That will look great on his next job app.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Shhh, don't disturb the yinzers -- they are currently in the process of re-electing a 27-year old dolt to be their mayor.....

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was talking about this last night with someone...he truly may never work again. You could usually say someone like that could land at a college, where kids on scholarship have no choice but to put up with his Napoleonic shit. The horribly incompetent Al Gore and Bill Callahan made millions coaching college football.

But can you see State U. entrusting Eric fucking Mangini with glad-handing the alums? An absolute disaster waiting to happen. And he's waaaaaay too arrogant to go the Belichick route and rebuild his rep as a coordinator. Say what you want about Belichick but he bided his time perfectly between HC gigs. (And yes, I even include that press conference where he resigned as the HC of the NYJ b/c he was smart enough to know it'd never work out with the Jets and that he'd be totally fucked once he got fired a second time)

Mangini literally may never work in high level football again. Could not happen to a more deserving guy.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Call it the gambler's bye week. Not as many opportunities for cash when the Brownies, Raiders and Rams aren't stumbling around.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Funny how a few years ago the Jets fans were calling him Man-genius and Sunday I heard many of them referring to him as Man-gina

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's OK to run the show like Belichick when you've got the rep and the rings to back it up. Of course, people were probably saying the same thing about Belichick (except "...to run the show like Parcells") 15 years ago. I just don't see Mangini sucking it up and taking on a subordinate role to rebuild his rep.

Never mind that Mangini apparently hand-picked the GM and then threw him under the bus. He sounds like a ruthless backstabber even by NFL standards.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Less Mangini, more Steelers talk!

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Steelers fans accept no responsibility for any Steelers-jacks contained in this thread, given that the thread title and first post to begin this Steelers-jack came from someone who's not a Steelers fan.

11. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Re: Week 9 NFL Running Thread: It was good while it lasted but the Steelers are

An inconvenient truth if I've ever seen one... :)

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I need to stop posting on almost no sleep.

That should read Al GROH. GROH. GROH.

Though if we still had a politics board, that gaffe could have led to some locked thread fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted