1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 9 NFL Running Thread: It was good while it lasted but the Steelers are back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Nov 3, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just really wanted to say how much I enjoyed a Steeler-free weekend and to zing our plentiful Pittsburgh fanbois. :D :) At least we don't have to put up with you fuckers until Monday night.

Real interested to see how the Dolphins fare against the Patriots and if Eagles-Cowboys eventually decides the NFC East now that the Giants are once again circling the drain. Also, this is a bye bestowed upon us by the football Tebows: Buffalo, Cleveland, Oakland and St. Louis are all off. Maybe they'll do us all a favor and never come back.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What makes you think that? :)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can hope, can't I?

4. JackReacher

Well, yeah, you CAN.....doesn't mean it'll do any good.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Of course you can. It is a delusional hope, but you hang on to that if it makes you feel better.

(By the way. I love the thread title. It gives me an idea. :))

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Picking up where we left off in the Week 8 thread in regards to the the "As the Browns Turn" soap opera, there are reports that Kokinis was fired "with cause," meaning the Browns wouldn't have to pay the rest of his contract. So did Kokinis do something really wrong here, or are the Browns just looking for a way to avoid having to pay Phil Savage, Romeo Crennel AND Kokinis to not work for the team?

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Don't know if this was posted on the last thread, but the PD is reporting that Accorsi is not taking the GM job in Cleveland.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/11/reports_of_cleveland_browns_hi.html

8. I continue to be amazed by the amount of people on here who are clearly more bothered by Steelers fans discussing football than we Steelers fans are of them taking cheap and worthless shots at us. Let it go, brothers, let it go.

9. Perhaps in lieu of a politics board we could get a Steelers board?

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I really did enjoy a week without comments like:

"The Steelers are 5-2." And other things I will never care about.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

12. JackReacher

Oh, if it were just that....

Draft saved Draft deleted