1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 27, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Bucs announced Josh Freeman will be the starting quarterback after the bye week against the Packers.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Fixed

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No no. They have to play the rest of the season so that the creamsicle uniforms may live again.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Jay Cutler and Mark Sanchez with 10 each, both of whom run more pass-happy offenses.

And John Fox is sticking with Delhomme. Fittingly enough, the Cardinals are next. If Delhomme doesn't snap out of it, Arizona will help him sew up the INT crown at the midway point of the season.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would stick with him. If he fubars the remainder of this season, I would draft a qb with a hopefully high pick, have Jake mentor him for a few games in 2010 then turn him into a high paid backup or cut him.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

While there are a lot of big names out there -- Bradford, McCoy, Claussen, etc. -- I think we'll look back in five years or so and see the 2010 draft similar to the 1999 draft, when five quarterbacks were drafted high and only one, McNabb, panned out. I will be shocked if Bradford or McCoy become anything more than journeyman QBs, especially Bradford, who I think is almost as much of a system guy as Graham Harrell was.

7. Sam Mills 51

All it says is that not only do they not trust Matt Moore or A.J. Feeley, but also that if they're sinking, they're sinking as one. For better or worse.

They'll either have to find a worthwhile free agent or hope someone falls to the second or third rounds. First-rounder gone for an extra second-round pick this past draft.

As much as it would fit for a potential bounce-back game to happen against the bunch which started this nightmare in the first place, I'm not holding my breath.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm finally benching Steve Smith, so he should catch three TDs.

9. Sam Mills 51

Might be better off trying to pry the likes of Matt Leinart or Brady Quinn loose.

10. Sam Mills 51

I'm sick of the FFL types giving me crap where I watch the games. Sure you're not one of them? :)

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Winds are supposed to be 20-25 mph in Orchard Park. The Texans will be lucky if they can throw it for two quarters.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Sam, I would give you crap regardless. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted