1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 27, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To me, the only part of that which really matters is the home field, which makes me lean slightly toward Baltimore. I'm not a big fan of assuming one team will want it more than another. The Broncos seem to be doing a fine job of wanting it.

And this isn't the old Ravens defense. Losing Rex Ryan is making an impact. They are as vulnerable as they have been on that side of the ball in many years. If you want a good demonstration of the impact a defensive coordinator can make, look at the negative impact of losing Ryan in Baltimore and the positive impact Nolan has had in Denver.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

And so it begins:

"I'm still green and gold all the way. I hate Minnesota; I can't stand Minnesota. I don't care if Brett is playing there. It didn't bother me, him with the Jets. But Minnesota I know personally I could never do it. I would just retire."

Really?

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/66716147.html

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The first part of the LeRoy Butler quote is the one that should have wrapped the story: "To say that the team he's on now, after seven games, is better than the '96 team - that's just preposterous. Not only did we have the No. 1 defense in 1996, but we had No. 1 special teams."

Can't disagree, but then we already knew Brett's so full of shit that it's pouring out his ears.

4. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

Baltimore is more desperate for a win than Denver, but that doesn't mean they are going to automatically win. The "experts" kept saying that there was no way the Titans would go winless every week because they needed the game so bad. Last time I checked they are still winless.

The Broncos have been doubted every week and are still undefeated. Baltimore's defense is a shell of its former self. Their cornerbacks are not very good. I think it will be a good game, but since it is in Baltimore I think the Ravens will win. 27-16.

5. Machine Head

Why go to Chmura? That's what I don't understand.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Yeah but they have a better running back in Minnesota. And a better playmaker in Harvin. Don't try and tell me Howard is better than Harvin. I know he had a kick return in the Super Bowl, but still.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Vikings' defense does not excite me and I think Harvin's a budding headcase.

I have the 96 Packers beating the 09 Vikings 38-24 38-17 (on second thought).

8. Machine Head

Google helps me learn that Chmura does radio.

I did not know that.

He also works as a research assistant for the law firm who represented him, according to Wiki. Good for him.

9. Mark Chmura, tight end: "I kind of went through the teams position by position and they just aren't as good as we were. And it all starts with Brett - Brett's not as good as he was.

well played, chewy.

10. Machine Head

I'm stunned, but Chmura feels Favre didn't support him during his trial:

http://www3.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=413014

For the record, I think Favre's comments about the '96 Packer team were stupid, but I don't need to hear from Chmura about anything.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I can't get past the facts. Denver has allowed only 66 points this season; Baltimore 130. The Ravens have also lost three in a row, one at home, the other two on the road by allowing at least 27 points. The Ravens might win, but they're not going to beat up or beat down the Broncos.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Larry Johnson about to be dumped, says Michael Smith:

Draft saved Draft deleted