1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 27, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Cutler always looks like someone just shot his dog, so I'm not sure his body language was symptomatic of the team's worthless performance. Having said that, I called out Lovie for being an emotionless nonleader, and I can only hope that Cutler doesn't take after his coach too much. I think Cutler's teammates know he cares, and plays like the dive into the end zone against the Lions illustrate that. Ultimately, though, Cutler's probably no different from a lot of people in that his biggest strength and biggest weakness are related. That aloofness that some people see as not caring is also, IMO, what allows him to compartmentlize bad performances like the opening week, then come out and lead game-winning drives the next two weeks. Ultimately, it's a fine line between not letting anything bother you and not caring. Cutler talked a good game after the Bengals game, saying he was embarrassed, so hopefully he responds. Problem is, he doesn't have a lot of talent around him to pick up any slack. The Bears made the bold move to go and get Cutler as the QB of the future. Now they have to figure out how to build a team around him. If it takes cleaning house, so be it.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

They have the Browns and Cardinals at home the next two weeks. They'll be fine.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No way is Baltimore under .500 after seven games played.

Sorry, Denver.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Somebody send Charles Davis to ESPN, please.

His "talent" is a better fit there.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why not? The Broncos have been very good on both lines. The Ravens rely on winning the line of scrimmage, especially on defense. Orton is going to have to have a good game. If Captian Neckbeard cam come through, the Broncos have a good shot in this one.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't think Denver quite cares what Baltimore's record may be. They are going to win.

7. 93Devil

The Ravens are coming off a bye week (I know Denver is as well), and Lewis and Reed have had two weeks to think about falling under .500 and two losses behind Pittsburgh.

They will not lose this game.

Not at home. Not in Denver. Not on the moon,

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, why? Because Lewis and Reed really, really want to win? Sorry, not sold.

Should be interesting, though. Denver will definitely be tested over the next two weeks.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He has to have naked pictures of the Fox executives with farm animals.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Delhomme leads the NFL in picks with 13. Who is second?

11. 93Devil

People assume that pro athletes give 100 percent and are 100 percent focused every week. They are not.

This week, the Ravens will be 100 percent focused, and that will be the difference.

I see the Raven defense giving a performance they usually reserve for Pittsburgh. Denver could lose this game and be so beaten up by Baltimore that it sways the rest of their season.

We will see what happens, but I have way too much respect for Baltimore to think that Kyle Orton, a rookie coach and a rookie running back are going into "their house" and knocking them below .500.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Pancamo --

It's one thing for Fox to keep him on board, but it's another for them to give him their appealing games. He was at Saints-Dolphins last week when he should have been kicking back in Oakland or Carolina.

He's the worst commentator on TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted