1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 27, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Here ya go, Machine, post away.

Denver at Baltimore, Minnesota at Green Bay are the big ones.

St. Louis at Detroit is the smallest one.

Miami at Jets should be a good one, too.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Take the over on ATL-NO

Take the under on DEN-BAL.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You would think Broncos-Ravens would be low-scoring, but Baltimore's defense has been giving up plenty of yards lately, and I think Flacco and Co. can score on anyone. The Ravens, at 3-3, are pretty desperate staring up at two teams in the Central. I think this is the week the Broncos' bubble burst, but in an entertaining game.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Baltimore 31-13

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yup. I'll be at the game. Wearing my Royal jersey. I have a "Fire McDaniels" t-shirt, purchased in May, but it no longer seems applicable. But I agree with everything YGBFKM just said. Unless McDaniels really is a genius. Or Orton can really throw the long ball. Something's got to give...

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'll go 31-17. Give the Broncos a couple of TD's.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I've tentatively decided I'm not going to watch the Bears game Sunday as a protest for their historic shittiness last game, but the week is young. If I do go out to the bar and they happen to lose to the Browns, I'm gonna need bail money.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Holy shit, that cracked me up. I'm listening to ZZ Top right now, and he would fit perfect in an Eliminator video.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Do you have any thoughts on several "analysts" calling Cutler out on his body language last week? I believe Terry Bradshaw and Mike Ditka, in particular, took issue with him. Or are you looking at the coaching? Or receivers?

11. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

He and Lovie Smith were auditioning their two-man mime act.

Coaching. Years of shitty management. A team-wide lack of testicular fortitude and not...caringness.

A gutless display against Cincy.

YGBFKM -- I will bail you out, then commence drinking after eight years of sobriety if the Bears lose.

And I am protesting. Will not watch that game.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

The Chiefs will not lose this week. Book it.

Draft saved Draft deleted