1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 NFL Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 29, 2006.

1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Hi, everybody, my name is mustardbased ... and I believed in the Denver defense.

Fucking frauds.

/fanboy looser

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Believe me, it wasn't just the last two minutes. Colts scored on six of their last seven possessions. And, yeah, the one stop was a one-play kneeldown at the end of the first half.

Frauds.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Manning has 28, Vick must have infinity plus eleven 4th quater comebacks

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When was the last time a team won after getting less than 20 passing yards? Or less than 100 yards of total offense?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not enough, apparently.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Let me aks the fanboys on here: At 2-5, do the Steelers sit Ben, or try to turn their season around with a QB who's obviously not 100 percent, either physically, mentally or both?

7. here's one from a fanboy you know and love, Matt. Yes, you continue to start Ben. If he is your franchise Qb, putting in Batch during a 2-5 stretch when this team can't even beat the friggen Raiders accomplishes nothing. I thought they would struggle without Bettis's presence in the lineup, just didn;t think they would struggle this much. They couldn't score from the 3 on first and goal. Even if they had pulled it out, they didn;t deserve to win. very, very frustrating.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

What's up, BS? I'm sure there will be some clamoring for Batch, but he's not gonna salvage anyone's season.

PM me sometime and let me know how things are going up north.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is the guy's third season. He's not right. A player playing with an injury that affecting him, even if only mentally, is at far, far greater risk of another injury. Ben shouldn't have played today, and shouldn't play next week.
    But for better or worse, and it's mostly better, Cowher's a stubborn cuss, too stubborn to pull his QB for a refit until they're officially eliminated from the playoffs.
    That will come soon enough.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

After the amount of play it's got as a TV commercial, I'd bet it's one of the least downloaded songs now.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You play him. if he's physically cleared to play by everyone, you've got no choice to make. Simple as that. Who's to say sitting him clears his head. Maybe it would only create more doubt.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I wonder how many stories tomorrow will include Big Ben not being completely healthy.

Draft saved Draft deleted