1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 NFL Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 29, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gee, it's really nice to see that after 5 1/2 seasons in the NFL he's finally developing an ability to effectively throw the ball. Maybe staying in the pocket and trying to complete a pass is a better option than panicking at the first sign of a pass rush and running like some slow footed tailback

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Frank Gore manage to get 111 yards on 12 carries against the Bears.

As for Vick, today was he best he's ever played as a QB, an actual QB, since he entered the league.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck you David Carr. [/livid fantasy fanboy loooooooooser]

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Okay already!

Uncle!

I give!

I'll tell you what you want to know. Just please, please don't play that John Mellencamp song anymore!

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I know his two TD catches came in catch-up mode today, but man, that Marques Colston kid for the Saints looks like the real deal. Prototype wide receiver.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

And listed as a tight end after spending his entire collegiate career in the run-and-shoot.

All the money and time and manpower the NFL spends on the draft and it STILL misses guys like this.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Admission here: He played high school ball nearby. (Not that I'd feel any differently if he didn't.)

But the thing is, he wasn't the focal point for his high school team. The coach was one of these who was going to spread the wealth around regardless of who he had ... and Colston was like 6-2, 140 at the time.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

But the guy is tall with speed and size. Unless he has hands of Featherstone, you have to wonder.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Henry Lee Summer? Have mercy. :eek: :eek:

10. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

And Adam Vinatieri does it again.

FWIW, that makes it 28 fourth-quarter game-winning drives for Manning in the regular season. However, he still has none in the playoffs. In other words, wake me up re: the Colts when the playoffs start.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

Still enough time for the Raiders to blow this against the Steelers.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Jets just got reamed on a terrible call by the refs. Chris Baker makes an amazing game tying (with the XP) catch and they rule that he would have not come down in bounds. Awful call.

Draft saved Draft deleted