1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 NFL Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 29, 2006.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Do you guys remember that song? It was kind of rock, kind of country, said something like "freedom rings through all this land?" I haven't heard that song in years, but I was trying to remember who sang it and where I could hear it again.

2. healingman

healingman Guest

I think that song could be "If I Had A Hammer" by Pete Seeger. I could be guessing, though.

Now I've set up the "If I Had A Hammer ... I'd ..." string on here. Geez ...

QB controversy in Houston?

3. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

We'll see.
    I think you are wrong.
    But we'll see.

4. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

And the Iggles lose at home to the Jaguars. That makes it four losses this season, all by a touchdown or less.

I've come to wonder if Reid is overrated as a coach. His record in one-possession games is under .500, which calls into question his skills as a tactician.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If Reid is overrated as a coach, McNabb is equally overrated.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Probably depends on the league, but I'd say yes, he gets the minus points for an INT.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Vick today: 20/28 291 yards 3 TD's No Int's 9 carries 55 yards

It's amazing what a QB can do when he has protection.
    I'm trying my best not to come off as a fanboy :) , but I really think that Vick is not that bad of a passer.

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

"Our Country"?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Indy is pretending to have a running game on this drive. It's kinda nice. [/fangirl]

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Eagles record in one-possession games is probably a combination of two things.
    1. Lack of power running game makes it harder to hold leads.
    2. Blitz-oriented defense results in too many "oops, that's a touchdown" plays.

Eagles couldn't stop the run AT ALL today, and their receivers either couldn't get open, or dropped the ball when they were.
    Phillly used to have a good receiver, don't remember his name. Whatever happened to him, anyway?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That line shows how good he can be when he's accurate because he's got talent around him. The protection line is bull, though -- no quarterback can succeed without a line

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Any idea who sings that little ditty? He looks familiar. I think he might be from Indiana.

Draft saved Draft deleted