1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 NFL Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 29, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm home and up early enough to start one of these! <-----------loooooooooser

Big storylines of the week: Can the Colts beat the Broncos again in a matchup of two perennial January disappointments? Will Steve McNair finish the game for the Ravens? Will Chad Johnson finally back up his yap or will he flop once again? Is Tony Romo the next Tom Brady...or Chad Hutchinson?

How many times will Tiki's retirement be discussed on FOX? How many closeups of his annoyingly perfect teeth will we get? And of course how many ways will MICHAEL VICK revolutionize the game? The answers to all these questions and more on THE WEEK EIGHT NFL RUNNING THREAD!!!! :D

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wow, you said all that without mentioning TO. This thread iz off da chain! :)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ahh, the Romo storyline is bigger to me than Turd Owens. Plus, him complaining, no matter what, is an ironclad lock.

My guess, BTW, is Kyle Boller ends up in the game sooner than later for the Ravens.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In 6 years in the NFL Vick has thrown for 3 or more TDs in a game ONE TIME, last week. Carson Palmer, with less than half of Vick's expereince has done it 9 times. If revolutionary means regressing in ability or slow to develop, Vick is George Freaking Washington.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yes but NO ONE EVER THREW THREE TDS IN A GAME QUITE LIKE VICK DID LAST WEEK!!!! You are just a hater. :D :D

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

You forgot 2 things about Bucs-Giants, dickhead.

How many times will we get the Tiki-Ronde matchup stuff and how made sideline shots will we get of Chris Simms, unable to play in the stadium where he grew up watching his father star?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

I thought of the Tiki-Ronde crap, but I didn't want to give those attention whores any more pixels.

Good point about Simms. Presumably, we will hear plenty about his toughness...and not much about how he turned down eight figures last spring from the Bucs. Ouch.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

See, Vick has turned the corner. It's no where but up now. This time next year, it won't be football. We'll all be watching Vickball. :D :D

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

:D :D :D

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Reggie Bush and Michael Vick, the John Adams and Thomas Jefferson of the NFL.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That's not much of an achievement, BYH. My team sucks. Just not as as Headbutt's.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

You guys are hating on Vick too much. The guy needs some receivers to throw to. They need to use him in more bootlegs as well. Now a guy who I think is a "tad" overrated is Ben Roethlisberger. Whenever he throws over 20 attempts in game, the Steelers are pretty much screwed. But he's got talent around him. He had Hines Ward, Randle El, Willie Parker, Bettis, and a great defense last year. The year before, he was throwing to Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress. If that offense can make Charlie Batch look great, then it can make anyone look great.

Draft saved Draft deleted