1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 8 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Oct 21, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

First win over Air Force since 1997, first win over a D1 team in the opener in 30+ years. And I like the idea of getting Air Force and the option off the schedule early.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Same. But Boise looms

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is an associate AD there, it's the only reason I've heard of it.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Who on ESPN has been hyping the Hokies this year? They've been relegated to the ACC Network just about every week. As for this season, I could not give less of a fuck. The entire thing has a huge asterisk because games are being dictated by who has a full roster due to COVID.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Brent Brennan is a class guy. Very glad they gave him the time to start turning things around after such a poor start. I know/covered half that coaching staff from when they were at Microville Tech.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The ACC Network is ridiculous. I have an expanded sports package and don't have it although I do have the SEC and Big ten that works. Why is the ACC putting games out that no one watches?

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I hear the ACC is moving Pitt’s games to the Laff network, in between episodes of Home Improvement.

HanSenSE, heyabbott and Cosmo like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The Pac-12 Network does the same thing, in an attempt to improve the programming so Direct and other large carriers add it to their lineup. So far, that hasn't happened.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have it on my Hulu Live package. The only time I have ever watched it was the UAB - Miami game early this season.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

From Facebook today.

"Last week at halftime, some Auburn fans were upset when I poked fun at their loss to the mighty South Carolina Gamecocks. With their feelings in mind, this week, I'd like to offer them my heartiest congratulations on today's game, in which they left no doubt that they have by far the best record of any 1-4 team in this great nation of ours."

maumann likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Since we don't have a Week 9 thread yet ...

Draft saved Draft deleted