1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 7 NFL Thread: The Insuffra-Bowl!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 18, 2016.

1. With or Without Big Ben. Patriots-Steelers headline the week ... Most of America, and 82 percent of SJ.com, hopes both teams and their fans perish in a fiery death that also engulfs Rex Ryan.

Couple of good games this week as well: Vikings/Eagles; Redskins/Lions and Seahawks/Cards rematch.

Thursday, Oct. 20
    8:25 p.m. Bears at Packers
    Sunday, Oct. 23
    9:30 a.m. Giants at Rams
    1 p.m. Saints at Chiefs
    1 p.m. Colts at Titans
    1 p.m. Vikings at Eagles
    1 p.m. Browns at Bengals
    1 p.m. Redskins at Lions
    1 p.m. Raiders at Jaguars
    1 p.m. Bills at Dolphins
    1 p.m. Ravens at Jets
    4:05 p.m. Buccaneers at 49ers
    4:05 p.m. Chargers at Falcons
    4:25 p.m. Patriots at Steelers
    8:30 p.m. Seahawks at Cardinals
    Monday, Oct. 24
    8:30 p.m. Texans at Broncos
    Bye week: Panthers, Cowboys

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Should note that the Giants-Rams are in London. Though it would be fun if they just played at 6:30 a.m. PDT in L.A.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The Texans are in prime time two weeks in a row and the NFL is wondering why the ratings are low?

At least there's the Osweiler storyline.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

God bless the Browns for my survivor pool picks.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Where's Bane when you need him?

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Packers in charge of killing the Thursday night ratings this week. Bears will win.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Boy ... I know they can't foresee all scenarios, but wouldn't the Cubs in the NLCS have looked like enough of a possibility -- even in April -- that you say "eh, maybe we avoid the Bears on this one Thursday"?

8. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

You think the NFL cares what MLB thinks? Besides, it's a little tit-for-tat with MLB for not caving in when the NFL wanted the Orioles to move a home game to accommodate the Ravens-Broncos Thursday opener a couple of years ago.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm not saying they would do it to help MLB.

I'm saying they would do it because nobody is going to watch the Bears.

11. I love that.. Guy covering the presser said he rarely has an answer that lasts more than a minute. He went on a 5:35 minute rant on the tablet.

12. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

You and I, rational consumers of sports broadcasting, understand that. But I think the NFL lives in such a bubble of its own making that they think more viewers will prefer a nondescript midseason Packers-Bears game over Game 5 of the NLCS.

Draft saved Draft deleted