1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 7 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 12, 2020.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Your boy has crumbled badly so far in the second half.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We've got a game down in Tallahassee.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Florida State's offense stopped itself. Playing not to lose. Chapel Hill realized it had enough talent to come back ... with some assistance from poor play calling on offense from the other sideline.

Mack Brown didn't mince words at intermission. He wasn't mean to the talking head, he didn't moan and hiss - but he spared nothing.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Geez. Three dropped passes and a missed defensive holding call on UNC's last three plays, and Florida State survives.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Um ... San Jose State ... whatcha doin' there man

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It would cost them $21,000,000 in a time when they’re gonna need that and then some to cover other debts. I have no knowledge of what’s really going on, but that would be an interesting statement of priorities.

8. Neutral Corner

You really need a statement from an SEC school in Alabama? I think he gets another season simply because they don't have the money to can him, but if the season goes bad enough, Jimmy Rane will check his sofa cushions and twist the arms of some buddies and find some cash. $21m is still a steep amount to cough up, so I think Gus gets another year - but that's not a sure thing.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Well, he can always land a gig as an aide to Alabama senator Tommy Tuberville.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Malzahn is supposed to be an offensive genius, but I'm not sure he can make Tuberville any more offensive.

maumann likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Clemson is opening as 45-point favorites at Syracuse next week.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It gone.

Spartan Squad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted